World's largest Banks
- Bank of America
- Bank of Canada
- Bank of New York
- Banks in USA
- BNP Paribas
- Chase Bank
- Chevy Chase Bank
- Comerica Bank
- Commercial Banks
- Compass Bank
- Credit Agricole
- Huntington Bank
- IBC Bank
- JPMorgan Chase
- Key Bank
- National City Corporation
- Peoples Bank
- Sovereign Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- TCF Bank
- Wachovia Bank
- Washington Mutual
- Webster Bank
Bradesco was founded in 1943 in the city of Marília in the interior of São Paulo state, under the name Banco Brasileiro de Descontos.
- In 1946, Bradesco headquarters moved to São Paulo.
- Bradesco became the largest private-sector bank in Brazil in 1951 .
- In 1962, Bradesco became the first company in Latin America to acquire a computer.
- In 1968, the Bank began offering Credit Cards .
- In the 1970's Banco incorporated 17 other banks.
- In the 1990's all of Bradesco's bank branches begin operating online. Automatic teller services grow rapidly and ATMs were installed.
- Today, Bradesco is the largest private bank in Brazil. It is among the top-ranking banks in many segments: Corporate, Private and services to micro, small and medium-sized companies.
The principal objective of the company is to consolidate their position as the leading private full service financial institution in the Brazilian market, increasing profitability, maximizing shareholders' value and generating an above-average return in comparison with other Brazilian financial institutions.
Area of Operation
The businesses of Bradesco are:
- Deposit-taking activities
- Individual and corporate banking services
- Credit operations
- Credit and debit cards
- Leasing operations
- Investment banking
- International banking
- Asset management
- Consortium Services
Insurance Services, management of complementary private pension plans and savings bonds:
- Life and accident insurance
- Health insurance
- Automobile insurance
- Property insurance
- Casualty insurance
- Pension plans, including individual and corporate plans
- Certificated Saving Plans
- Pension Investment contracts
- Banco Bradesco holds assets of $69.63 billion.
- The company has made profits of $1.15 billion in 2006.
- Bradesco operates mainly in Brazil and other countries.
- Banco Bradesco has 73,881 employees.
The organizational Structure includes:
- General Meeting of Stockholders
- Audit Committee
- Board of Directors
- Bradesco ranks 269 in Fortune Global 500 list.
- Banco Bradesco in ranked 187 in the world by the Forbes Magazine.
Bradesco has banking or financial subsidiaries or affiliates in Nassau, Luxembourg, Buenos Aires, Grand Cayman and Tokyo.
Banco Bradesco is constantly expanding and has recently acquired:
- 2005: Banco do Estado do Ceará (BEC)
- 2004: Banco do Estado do Maranhão (BEM)
- 2003: Banco Zogbi S.A . , Brazilian operations of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA), J.P. Morgan Fleming Asset Management.
Ciade de Deus - Prédio Novo
CEP 06029-900 Osasco-SP
Website URL : www.bradesco.com.br
More Information Related to Company
Last Updated on : 22th July 2013