Brand Equity Foundation, India
Brand Equity Foundation India, or IBEF, a private-public association between Confederation of Indian Industry, Ministry of Commerce And Industry and the Indian Government, aims at representing India in the global market. It takes care of various business perspectives as well as business partnerships in the country. It also ensures that these business partnerships are made known in the global market.
India is making giant strides as far as its global presence is concerned. Currently, India is a fast growing economy, a favorite investment hub, an efficient trading partner and provider of quality services as per international standard.
Basically, Brand Equity Foundation, India is an information rich resource center where foreign investors search for detailed information on the economic status of India, the various possibilities and plausibilities of investments. Status of India's macroeconomic indicators may also be known from here. In a nut shell, IBEF is a storehouse of information as far as trends in business and allied topics are concerned.
Mode of Operation:IBEF, gathers information, compiles them and then circulates or disperses the same. In fact , it promotes "Brand India" in the global market.
It has the following functions :
- It serves as a brand vision enhancement forum
- India Resource Center
- It coordinates strategically prepared marketing initiatives
Developing "Brand India":India is a fast growing economy, which is evident from the fact that in India:
- The gross domestic product or GDP during the FY 2006-2007 was 9.4%.
- The telecommunication market is growing by leaps and bounds.
- Heavy investments are being made for the development of infrastructure.
- Reserves of foreign exchange exceeds USD$210 billion.
- Population of consumers has been increasing alarmingly.