AFLAC is perhaps best known for its payroll deduction insurance coverage, which pay cash benefits when a policyholder has a covered accident or illness.. AFLAC was founded in 1955 by brothers John, Paul, and Bill Amos. In its first year of operations, AFLAC had 6,426 policyholders and $388,000 in assets.
Today, AFLAC is a thriving international insurance companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange & has over $84 million in assets and insures more than 60 million people worldwide. AFLAC operates in New York in USA and Japan with 8,349 employees.
The aim of AFLAC is to provide affordable products that help consumers and aid employers & its mission is to combine innovative strategic marketing with quality products and services at competitive prices to provide the best insurance value for consumers.
The business motto of AFLAC is "AFLAC pays you cash when you get hurt and miss work."
Services Offered by AFLAC:AFLAC helps individuals, employers and business owners by offering insurance for:
- Cancer/Specified Disease
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity
- Hospital Confinement Sickness Indemnity
- Hospital Intensive Care
- Long-Term Care
- Short-Term Disability
- Specified Health Event
- Benefits Managers
- Policy Holders
Financial Hihtlights (As per 2009 annual report):
|Net Revenue||=||$ 18,254 ml.|
|Net Income||=||$ 1,497 ml.|
|Total Assets||=||$ 84,106 ml.|
Organizational Structure:The organizational structure of AFLAC is such that it has distinct management teams in New York and Japan. The respective executive management teams in New York and Japan manage all the operations under the CEO and Chairman Daniel P. Amos.
In April 2009, Aflac introduced a new marketing campaign called “Get the Aflacts,” designed to educate consumers about the specific benefits of the insurance products the company sells. The Aflacts campaign gave the Aflac Duck "a more prominent role," designed to "help potential customers learn the Aflacts, er, facts about policies and other products," according to The New York Times. Aflac launched a campaign in 2001 to promote their first accident policy in Japan, which The Wall Street Journal rated as one of the "ten most effective campaigns of 2000."
- AFLAC is a Fortune 500 Company.
- The Forbes Magazine ranked AFLAC 184 in 2010.
- Aflac offers Individual policies for accident, cancer, hospital confinement, and more.
- Aflac offers Insurance policies and benefits for small, mid-sized, and large businesses.
- Aflac offers Claim forms and update services for current policyholders.
- Aflac offers Online account management option.
- Aflac offers Resources for investors and brokers.
- Aflac offers Customer support resources including information on accounts, claims, and policies.
- Aflac offers Information on the company history and policies, as well as “duck gear” Aflac clothing.
- AFLAC, Incorporated has wholly owned subsidiaries in many of the 50 American states.
Aflac Customer Service:
Aflac offers toll-free phone support as well as online guides and policy information.
Headquarter Address:AFLAC Incorporated,
ATTN: Shareholder Services Department,
1932 Wynnton Road,
Columbus, Georgia 31999