BNP Paribas is one of the largest international banking networks. Banque Nationale de Paris" (BNP) was formed in 1966 following the merger of BNCI and CNEP. From then on, the group was controlled by a holding company, Compagnie Financière de Paris et des Pays-Bas, with interests divided among four specialized subsidiaries:
- The Banque de Paris et des Pays-Bas
- OPFI (Omnium de Participations Financières et Industrielles)
- OPB (Omnium de Participations Bancaires)
- Paribas International
On February 1, 1999 there was announcement of plans for a merger between Paribas and Société Générale, BNP. Finally, BNP Paribas Group was formed following The Combined General Shareholders' Meeting on May 23, 2000.
The mission or objective of BNP Paribas is: to develop its activities for the greater benefit of its shareholders, customers and employees, and to build the "bank of the future" by reinforcing an already major worldwide presence.
Area of Operation
The 3 core businesses of BNP Paribas are:
- Corporate and Investment Banking
- Retail Banking
- Asset Management and Services
- BNP Paribas Capital
- BNP Paribas holds assets of $1,227.95 billion.
- BNP Paribas has made profits of $6.33 billion in 2006.
- BNP Paribas operates in 85 countries.
- BNP Paribas has 138,000 employees.
The corporate governance of BNP Paribas Group consists of:
- Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Corporate Officers
- BNP Paribas ranks 17th in the world according to Forbes Magazine list.
- BNP Paribas ranks 34th in Fortune Global 500 list.
16 boulevard des Italiens
Website URL: www.bnpparibas.com