Chevron was founded in 1879 as the Pacific Coast Oil Co. The company evolved into the Standard Oil Co. The Texas Fuel Co. formed in 1901, later became known as the Texas Co., and finally, as Texaco Inc.
In 2001, ChevronTexaco was formed following the merger of these entities. The company's name was changed to Chevron in 2005. Today, Chevron is a global energy leader, enhancing its assets around the world. The company has 62,196 employees.
The mission of Chevron is to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance. Their goal is to be number 1 among their competitors in total stockholder return.
Area of Operation
The businesses of Chevron are:
- Power Services
- Specialty Products
- Technology & Energy Services
- Exploration and Production
- Natural Gas
- Refining, Marketing & Transportation
- Supply & Trading
- Worldwide Cash Management and Debt Financing Activities
- Corporate Administrative Functions
- Insurance operations
- Real Estate Activities
Financial Hihtlights (As per 2010 annual report):
|Net Revenue||=||$ 198,198 ml.|
|Net Income||=||$ 19,024 ml.|
|Total Assets||=||$ 184,769 ml.|
The organization structure of Chevron includes:
- Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Corporate Officers
- Committees of the Board
- Committees under the Executive Committee
- Chevron ranks 3rd in Fortune 500 list.
- Chevron ranks 6th in Fortune Global 500 list.
- Chevron ranks 16th in the world according to Forbes Magazine list.
Chevron has many subsidiaries which manage its global operations.
Chevron acquired Unocal Corporation in 2005.
6001 Bollinger Canyon Road
San Ramon, CA 94583-2324
Phone: (925) 842-1000
Fax: (925) 842-3230