HistoryChina Life Insurance Company is a leading provider of individual life insurance and annuity products in China. It became a publicly listed company on December 18th, 2003.
The Company had over 70 million policies in force as of December 31st, 2005 and purchased stake in the state-run China Southern Power Grid in December, 2006.
Area of Operation
The businesses of China Life Insurance are:
- Individual Life Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Accident and Health Insurance (Short Term and Long Term Policies)
- Asset Management
- Individual and Group Accident Policies
- Annuity Products
- Property and Casualty insurance
- China Life Insurance holds assets of $52.39 billion.
- China Life Insurance made profits of $0.87 billion in 2006.
- China Life Insurance operates in China and overseas.
- China Life Insurance has 76,324 employees.
The organization is managed by:
- Board of Directors
- Executive Officers
- China Life Insurance ranks 297th in the world according to Forbes Magazine.
- China Life Insurance ranks 217th in the Fortune Global 500.
China Life Insurance (Group) Company is the holding company and under it are the units:
- China Life Insurance Company Limited
- China Life Insurance Asset Management Company Limited
- China Life Insurance (Overseas) Co., Limited
- China Life Property and Casualty Insurance Company Limited
16 Chaowai Avenue