History Of Corus Group
Corus was formed on 6th October 1999 from the merger of British Steel and Koninklijke Hoogovens. The British Steel Corporation was formed in 1967 & Koninklijke Hoogovens was founded in 1918. Today, Corus Group Plc is an international company, serving customers worldwide.
Corus Group focuses on carbon steels, with a growing focus on value-added, differentiated products. Their aim is to build a sustainable business in Europe, while looking to secure access to steelmaking in regions with lower cost and higher growth.
Area of Operation
The business of Corus Group is to provide steel and aluminum products in the following markets:
- Consumer Products
- Energy & Power Generation
- Metal Goods
- Corus Group holds assets of $13.66 billion.
- Corus Group made profits of $860 million in 2006.
- Corus Group operates in over 40 countries worldwide and employs 48,300.
The organization of Corus includes:
- Executive Director, Finance
- Division Directors
- Group Director, Technology & Services
- Director, Human Resources
- Company Secretary & General Counsel
- Executive Committee
- Corus Group ranks 572nd in the world according to Forbes Magazine and 352nd on the Fortune Global 500 list.
The divisions of Corus Group are:
- Strip Products
- Long Products
- Distribution & Building Systems
Headquarter Address Of Corus Group
London SW1P 4WY