HistoryDanske Bank Group was founded as "Den Danske Landmandsbank, Hypothek- og Vexelbank i Kjøbenhavn" (The Danish Farmers' Bank, Mortgage and Exchange Bank of Copenhagen) on October 5, 1871.
"Landmandsbanken" became Denmark's largest financial group and one of the largest in the Nordic region over the years. The Bank had undergone several mergers in course of its development from Farmers’ Bank to the Group it is at present. Today, Danske Bank is Denmark's largest bank and a leading player in the Scandinavian financial markets.
Area of OperationThe businesses of Danske Bank Group are:
- Mortgage Finance
- Asset Management
- Real Estate
- Leasing Services
- Banking Activities
- Credit & Market Risk
- Danske Bank Group holds assets of $385.16 billion.
- Danske Bank Group has made profits of $2.03 billion in 2006.
- Danske Bank Group operates in Europe, particularly in Northern Europe.
- Danske Bank Group has 19,128 employees.
OrganizationThe organization of Danske Bank includes:
- Board of Directors
- Board of Directors Secretariat
- Audit Department
- Executive Board
- Executive Committee
- Executive Board Secretariat
- Danske Capital
- Danske Markets
- Group Credits
- Shared Services Centre
- Group Finance
- Group Communications
- Group HR
- Danske Bank Denmark
- BG Bank
- Fokus Bank
- Danske Bank Sweden
- Northern Bank
- National Irish Bank
- Group Business Development
- Selected Subsidiaries
- Danske Bank Group ranks 149 in the world according to Forbes Magazine list.
- Danske Bank Group ranks 284 in Fortune Global 500 list.
SubsidiariesThe selected subsidiaries of Danske Bank are:
- Danica Pension
- Danske Private Equity
- Realkredit Danmark
- Danske Bank International S.A.Luxembourg
Recent Merger and AcquisitionThe recent acquisitions of Danske Bank Group are:
- On November 9, 2006 Danske Bank signed an agreement to purchase Sampo Bank of Finland.
- In 2005, Danske Bank acquired Northern Bank in Northern Ireland and National Irish Bank in the Republic of Ireland.
- Danske Bank merged with RealDanmark in 2000.
- In 1990, Danske Bank merged with Handelsbanken and Provinsbanken.
Headquarter Address2-12 Holmens Kanal
DK-1092 Copenhagen K