HistoryDeutsche Post is a partner within Deutsche PostWorld Net. Deutsche Post AG was established in 1995. Deutsche Post entered the age of globalization from 1997. In November 20, 2000 the company went public. Today, Deutsche Post is Europe’s leading service provider in the letter mail sector and market leaders in the area of direct marketing in Germany.
MissionThe mission of Deutsche Post is making their customers successful, being number one, being well prepared for future developments and being the first choice for their customers.
Area of OperationThe businesses or products/services of Deutsche Post are:
- Retail Outlet Services
- Products and services for Business Customers
- Products and services for Private Customers
- Information/ Entertainment
- Online Services
The business divisions of Deutsche Post are:
- Mail Communication
- Real Estate
- Press Distribution
- Direct Marketing
- In House Service
- Global Mail
- Pension Service
- Deutsche Post holds assets of $207.30 billion.
- Deutsche Post has made profits of $2.15 billion in 2006.
- Deutsche Post operates in Germany, Europe and around the world.
- Deutsche Post has 502,545 employees.
OrganizationThe organization is controlled by the Board of Management.
- Deutsche Post ranks 88 in the world according to Forbes Magazine list.
- Deutsche Post ranks 75 in Fortune Global 500 list.
SubsidiariesThe subsidiaries of Deutsche Post are:
- Deutsche Post Address GmbH
- Deutsche Post In Haus Service GmbH
- Deutsche Post Com GmbH
- Deutsche Post PrintCom
- Deutsche Post Direkt GmbH
- ‘Janssen’ (Advertising agency)
- Siegfried Vogele Institut
Recent Merger and Acquisition
- Deutsche Post acquired Danzas, the Swiss logistics company in 1999.
- In 1999, Deutsche Post and Air Express International signed a takeover and merger deal.
- Deutsche Post acquired the government’s shares in Deutsche Postbank AG in 1998.
Headquarter AddressCharles-de-Gaulle-Strasse 20