HistoryHewlett-Packard (HP) was founded in 1939 by Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard. Gradually the company grew and matured, going public in 1957. HP has introduced many new products to the market - their technological innovation has been a hallmark of success over the years.
The company presently operates in more than 170 countries with 324,600 employees.
MissionThe corporate objectives of Hewlett-Packard are:
- Customer Loyalty
- Market Leadership
- Employee Commitment
- Leadership Capability
- Global Citizenship
Area of OperationThe businesses sectors of Hewlett-Packard are:
- IT infrastructure
- Personal Computing
- Access Devices
- Global Services
- Imaging and Printing
- Financial Services
- Education & Training
- Other Services
Financial Hihtlights (As per 2010 annual report):
Net Revenue = $ 126,033 ml.
Net Income = $ 8,761 ml.
Total Assets = $ 124,503 ml.
OrganizationThe organization is controlled by:
- President and CEO
- Hewlett-Packard ranks 67th in the world according to Forbes Magazine.
- Hewlett-Packard ranks 11th in Fortune 500 list.
- Hewlett-Packard ranks 33rd on the Fortune Global 500 list.
SubsidiariesHP has three business groups:
- The Personal Systems Group
- The Imaging and Printing Group
- The Technology Solutions Group
Recent Merger and Acquisition
- In April 2005, HP acquired online photo service Snapfish.
- On May 3, 2002, HP completed its merger transaction with Compaq Computer Corp., the largest tech merger in history.
Headquarter Address3000 Hanover St. Palo Alto,
Phone: (+1) 650-857-1501
Fax: (+1) 650-857-5518