Isuzu Motors Limited (Isuzu)
Isuzu Motors Ltd is one of the oldest and biggest automobile makers of Japan. Isuzu is the name of a river in Japan and it was first used by the company in 1938 to name one of its trucks. In 1949 the name of the company was changed to Isuzu Motors Limited and since then it has grown to become a leading multinational organization.
Isuzu Motors is the market leader in diesel engines and is a leading truck maker globally.
Isuzu Motors is primarily engaged in the manufacture and marketing of a range of products that have a global appeal.
- Trucks – Heavy duty C & E Series, Medium Duty F Series, and Light Duty N Series
- Buses – Egra Heavy Duty and Egra Mio Medium Duty
- Pick-up Trucks – Isuzu D-Max, MU-7, Panther, Ascender and i-350/i-280
- Automotive Engines – Sought after by the leading automakers around the world for their consistent performance.
- Industrial Engines – Applications range from Cooler Power Sources for Refrigerated Trucks to Construction Machinery and Agricultural Tractors
- Marine Engines – With a wide range of products that are well distributed
- Isuzu is the top truck maker in the world
- Isuzu is one of the top diesel engine makers in the world
Assets and Infrastructure:
In Japan Isuzu has production plants and R&D centers in -
- Tomakomai-shi in Hokkaido
- Yufutsu-gun in Hokkaido
Outside Japan Isuzu have production plants and R&D centers in -
Research & Development:
Research and Development has always distinguished Isuzu Motors from its competitors. Isuzu Motors is at the forefront of development of vehicles using alternative energy sources or hybrid systems to reduce emissions. The company is confident that the Isuzu Clean Air Solutions (I-CAS) system can lower CO emissions and boost the power of its engines.
Isuzu Motors has concerned itself greatly with tackling global environmental pollution and accordingly invests substantially in efforts toward the development of cleaner diesel engines. The company says that a super-clean diesel engine is its goal for the near future. It believes that very soon it can develop extremely low-emission diesel engines with maximum fuel economy and powerful performance.
Isuzu Motors is headed by Mr. Y. Ida who is the President and Representative Director of the company.
Isuzu Motors' head office is located at :
6-26-1 Minami-oi, 6-26-1 Minami-oi,
Website URL: www.isuzu.com