Manulife Financial was established in June 1887 as the Manufacturers Life Insurance Company by an Act of the Canadian parliament. The prime minister of Canada Sir John A McDonald was elected the first president of the company. Manulife Financial was one of the first companies to offer life insurance to women on the same basis as men.
Manulife Financial is the leading insurance company of Canada, the sixth largest in the world and the second largest in North America.
The company has a global presence with services in 19 countries and territories worldwide.
Manulife Financial is Canada’s top insurance company, offering a wide range of services:
- Insurance – Life, Health and Travel
- Banking – Consumer Banking, Mortgages, Investments, Loans and Credit Cards
- Investments – Customized Plans
- Group Savings & Retirement Solutions
On 31 December 2006 Manulife Financial’s total capital was $ 31.5 billion worldwide.
Growth of total capital over the last 2 years
On 31 December 2006 Manulife Financial’s net income was $ 3.98 billion worldwide.
Growth of net income over the last 2 years
- Manulife Financial is headed by Mr. A. Sawchuk who is the Chairman and Mr. D. D’Allasandro who is the President and CEO of the company.
- Manulife Financial employs over 20,000 people globally.
Corporate Social Responsibility
As a global corporate leader in its area of operation Manulife Financial consciously makes efforts to give back to enrich the community through diversified philanthropic initiatives.
- Matching Employee Contributions – Encourages employees to support their communities by matching their contributions
- Corporate philanthropy is directed into four areas: - Integration of skilled immigrants into society
- The Greater Toronto community
- Employee Volunteer Programs
- The Local community
- Health & Health Education
200 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1E5