It is important to have information regarding agriculture, economy, health, currency, and industries of Uzbekistan, if somebody wants to acquire knowledge about Uzbekistan. Uzbekistan is basically an agriculture based country, located in central Asia. Other major products include cotton, gold, fertilizers, energy products, minerals, textiles, food products, and automobiles.
Economy of Uzbekistan More than sixty percent of Uzbek population reside in rural areas of Uzbekistan. Uzbekistan is a leading cotton exporter in the world and one of the leading producers of gold, oil, chemical products and machinery.
Government of Uzbekistan is trying to maintain some strict currency control to improve the economy of the country.
- Industries: Major industries in Uzbekistan are engineering, chemical, petrochemical, metallurgy, electronic mining, transport, food processing, real estate and power industry.
- Agriculture: Major agricultural products in Uzbekistan are grain, cotton, vegetables, fruits, livestock.
- Mining: Mining industry in Uzbekistan is primarily based on coal, gold, copper, silver, uranium, lead , zinc, tungsten, molybdenum.
- Transportation: Uzbek transportation system comprises of railway(total 3,950 km), waterways and airways.
- Labor force: 14.44 million; agriculture 44%, industry 20%, services 36% (1995).
- Exports and import: Uzbek exports are principally based on cotton, gold, energy products, textiles, food products, and automobiles. Imports of Uzbekistan are primarily based on chemicals, metals, machinery and equipments.
- Trading partners: Leading trading partners of Uzbekistan are Russia, Turkey, China, Tajikistan, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Germany, Ukraine, and U.S.
- Currency: The official currency of Uzbekistan is Uzbekistani Sum (UZS).
In 2005, GDP (Gross Domestic Product) real growth rate of Uzbekistan was 7.3%.
Economic development programmes
Government of Uzbekistan designed Enterprise Development Project (EDP), which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). EDP has devised to assist in activities like Enterprise Improvement Services, Quality Management services etc.
Last Updated on : 25th June 2013