Ministry of Finance of Pakistan
To become the Finance Minister of Pakistan, an individual has to be a member of the Pakistan Parliament. The Ministry of Finance in Pakistan deals with issues associated with the financial affairs of the Federal Government of Pakistan and issues which influence the overall economy of the country.
It is also responsible for preparing the annual budget for Pakistan and the excess or supplementary budget statements for the purpose of discussions on parliamentary accounts and audit of the Federal Government of Pakistan as allotted according to the Rules of Business, 1973.
The Ministry of Finance in Pakistan carries out its operations by maintenance of financial discipline with the help of a number of financial consultants affiliated to the government departments.
One of the principal priorities of the Finance Ministry of Pakistan is poverty reduction.
The functional divisions of the Pakistan Ministry of Finance can be categorized into the following types:
- Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan
- Office of the Controller General of Accounts
- Office of the Auditor General of Pakistan
- Central Directorate of National Savings (CDNS)
- Monopoly Control Authority
- Finance Division Military
- National Savings Organizations
- Pakistan Mint
- Federal Treasury Offices
- Central Excise
- Direct Tax
- Sales Tax
Economic Affairs Division
- Agricultural Census Organization (headquartered in Lahore)
- Federal Bureau of Statistics (headquartered in Islamabad)
- Population Census Organization (headquartered in Islamabad)
Planning and Development Division
- Pakistan Planning and Management Institute
- National Fertilizer Development Center
- National Logistics Cell
- Pakistan Institute of Development Economics