A study on the investment company list gives some idea about the booming investment industry of the world. The investment companies are those, which hold financial securities of the other companies. An investment company is a trust, corporation or partnership that primarily invests the funds pooled from the shareholders in the financial securities.
An investment company may also be defined as a firm that uses its capitals in order to invest in other companies. There are two major types of investment companies – open-end or mutual funds and the closed-end. In case of the closed-end investment companies, the shares, which are enlisted in the stock exchange can be readily transferable in the open market and can be bought and sold like other shares in the market.
While an open-ended investment company is a limited investment company and the prime objective of such companies is to manage the investment funds.
In case of an open-end investment plan, the funds get bigger over time. There are a number of investment companies in the world that offer both the open-ended and closed-ended investment plans.
Some of the investment companies of the world are – Apollo Investment Corp. Crown Financial Holdings Inc. Empire Financial Holding Company First Montauk Financial Mellon Financial Corporation, The Bear Stearns Companies Inc. W.P. Stewart & Co., Ltd.
Here is a list of investment companies of world:
- A.B. Watley Group Inc.
- Affiliated Managers Group, Inc.
- Allied Capital Corporation
- Berkeley Technology, Limited (ADR)
- Calamos Asset Management, Inc
- Castle Holding Corp.
- Citigroup Capital XIV
- CME Group Inc.
- Cypress Sharpridge Investments, Inc.
- Diamond Hill Investment Group, Inc.
- Evercore Partners Inc.
- FBR Capital Markets Corporation
- First Albany Companies Inc.
- Franklin Resources, Inc.
- Gamco Investors Inc.
- Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
- Gundaker/Jordan American Holdings, Inc.
- Hudson Holding Corp.
- International Securities Exchange Hldgs
- Investment Technology Group
- JMP Group Inc.
- Kirlin Holding Corp.
- Invesco PLC (ADR)
- Knobias, Inc.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.
- MCG Capital Corporation
- Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.
- Morgan Stanley
- Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc.
- NYSE Euronext
- Och-Ziff Capital Management Group LLC
- Ryan Beck Holdings, Inc.
- Sagient Research Systems, Inc.
- SEI Investments Company
- Sovereign Exploration Associates Int Inc
- Stifel Financial Corp.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp.
- The Blackstone Group L.P.
- Thomas Weisel Partners Group, Inc.
- U.S. Global Investors, Inc.
- United States Natural Gas Fund, LP
- Van der Moolen Holdings N.V. (ADR)
- Vie Financial Group, Inc.
- Winmill & Co. Incorporated
Last Updated on : 4th Oct 2016