Top 10 Most Populated Economies of the World
Top 10 Most Populated Economies by Population for 2011:The list features both countries with large landmasses like China, Brazil, India, the USA and Russia, as well as smaller nations like Bangladesh. An interesting absentee from this list is Canada, which is the second largest country in the world.
Below is the list of the top ten most populated countries for the year 2011:
|As on : 18th Nov, 2011
Source : U.S. Census Bureau, International Data Base
Population Information of the Economies:
- China: China’s median age is 35.5 years. For Chinese men the figure is 34.9 years and for the women the median age is 36.2 years. This East Asian country has a yearly population growth rate of approximately 0.493 percent, which places it in the 151st position in the world.
- India: The total median age of this Asian economy is 26.2 years with the figure going up to 26.9 years for the women and getting down to 25.6 years for the men. India occupies the 86th spot in the world with respect to the annual growth rate of the population, which is 1.344%.
- United States: The US has a median age of 36.9 years – for men this figure reads 35.6 years and for women it is 38.2 years. It has a yearly population growth rate of approximately 0.963%, which is the 118th highest in the world. Its birth rate is 13.83 for every 1000 people.
- Indonesia: This Southeast Asian country has a total median age of 28.2 years – for Indonesian men it is 27.7 years and for the women the figure is 28.7 years. Indonesia is in the 110th position in terms of yearly population growth rate, which is 1.069%. Its birth rate is 18.1 for each 1000 people.
- Brazil: The total median age in this South American economy is 29.3 years. The median age for Brazilian men is 28.5 years and for women it is 30.1 years. Brazil has an estimated population growth rate of 1.134 percent, which is the 104th best from a global perspective.
- Pakistan: This southwest Asian country has a median age of 21.6 years – for Pakistani men the median age is 21.5 years. It has a population growth rate of 1.573 percent, which gives it a global positioning of 75. Pakistan’s birth rate is 24.81 for every 1000 people.
- Nigeria: The median age of the Nigerian population is 19.2 years but Nigerian women have a marginally higher median age of 19.3 years. With an approximate population growth rate of 1.935 percent, this African economy occupies the 59th position in the world.
- Bangladesh: This South Asian country has a total median age of 23.3 years – the women have a slightly higher median age, 23.7 years, compared to the men whose median age is 22.7 years. It is in the 76th position with regards to population growth rate, which is 1.556 percent.
- Russia: The aggregate median age of the people in Russia is 38.7 years. The median age of Russian women, 41.9 years, is higher than that of the men whose median age is 35.5 years. It has a negative yearly population growth rate of 0.47 percent, which gives it a global ranking of 222.
- Japan: Japanese women have a median age of 46.7 years and the same figure for its men stands at 43.2 years. The total median age of this Asian country is 44.8 years. The East Asian country is at the 214th position in the world in terms of annual population growth with a negative rate of 0.278%.